The lowdown on the Montney: Canada’s next big energy bet has same high stakes as oilsands
Output from the Montney has doubled since 2012 and now comprises a third of Western Canada’s natural gas production. By 2040, the NEB projects it will make up more …
Future of oil, gas in Peace Country positive
The future of the oil and gas industry in the Peace Country looks positive going into the future.
Grande Prairie is an attractive place to build and expand your business and a great place to start a career. Our distinct advantages include:
- No provincial sales tax and low cost tax regime
- Rich natural resources, including natural gas, natural gas liquids, oil, oil sands, lumber and agricultural land
- Presence of major corporations such as EnCana, Husky and Canadian Natural Resources
- Grande Prairie’s status of regional service centre for a market of over 250,000
- A diverse economic portfolio with many pillars supporting fast growth
- Young and growing population
- Affluent families; household discretionary income nearly double the national average
If you are considering doing business in Grande Prairie…….Read More.
|Statistics for Investors||Business Resources||Steps to Starting a Business||Financial Institutions||Industrial Land|
What is PREDA?
PREDA is one of 12 Regional Economic Development Alliances (REDA’s) in the province.
Peace Region Economic Development Alliance (PREDA) is a partnership of 25 municipalities, educational institutions, business groups and Community Futures working together to guide regional economic development of Alberta’s Peace Country. PREDA was incorporated as a not for profit Corporation under The Companies Act of Alberta in October 2000.
Our Mission is to continue to grow a vibrant economy that explores, promotes and facilitates new emerging opportunities, competitiveness and innovation.
Our Vision is one where the Peace Country has: planned and balanced growth; strong stewardship of its resources; and the ability to proactively manage economic change.